Wednesday, September 4, 2013

less of us and more of you :: a marriage prayer

Father, God . . .

Might I surrender my hurt, nail it to the cross, and choose {love}.

Might I decide that the pain that accompanies relationship is worth enduring.

Might I let you fill our gaps.

Might I trust that you will work through our weakness.

Might I seek you in this complicated place of companionship.

Might I find enough in you, Father, and . . .

Might I pursue you in this place, without abandonment, no matter the cost to Me.

Might this be your will and your glory be.

Amen.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Amy
    I think we all come to a place where we know we cannot be or do what it takes to be Pappa's child. And the we are finally able to ask Him to livdHis glory through us cracked vessels.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is a beautiful prayer. I wrote today on needing to surrender all to Him. This prayer truly spoke to me as I think about what it means to surrender. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings to you.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this prayer. Great post and glad to connect.

    ReplyDelete