Friday, July 5, 2013

beautiful

I used to look upon people and their choices differently than I do now, mostly with judgement.

And though I can be found still sometimes donning a robe and taking a seat not meant for me, I now look on people more with an understanding.

When you realize your own weaknesses and capabilities and they shock you to the core, a humbleness washes over you that makes all that judging quiet. 

Hearing that a friend's husband has moved out of their home with plans to depart their marriage, leaving  behind the stability and sanctity of the commitment-regardless-of-the-cost togetherness, my immediate response was: This is a story of redemption, just you wait and see.

There was a day not too long ago when I heard words that completely changed my muscles from tense to relaxed. And it was the realization of just how far God will go -- how He knows what it will take -- for us to know His love for us.

God doesn't like that bad things have to happen. It wasn't His design. But . . .

     He knows what it will take for His glory to be made evident. 

(After all, He knew His son needed to die to get our attention.)

So, when families appear to be destroyed, I know the story isn't over. I know that as ugly and terrible as it may seem, His ways are so much higher and that ultimately, His plan is for Him to be known.

It just might take getting to the very bottom of ourselves and everything appearing to die before the most beautiful story to be revealed.


Share your heart . . . add a comment below.

_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.



You might be interested in this:

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy have you touched my heart with this post. My husband and I separated twice in our 23 years of marriage. The first time for a year. "I know the story isn't over. I know that as ugly and terrible as it may seem, His ways are so much higher and that ultimately, His plan is for Him to be known." I'm so grateful His story for us wasn't over. Grateful to have stopped in. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful that the story isn't over for your friend. I've lived many moments where it seemed the last chapter had been written and read...the book closed...but God. Praise God for the beautiful promise of redemption. Love your words and the beautiful spirit in which you share them .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I clicked on your post from FMF because your face looked really interesting. (Hope that doesn't sound to weird...too late, I think.) Anyway, it seems like you are one of the race that knows Joseph and I will most certainly be back for more.

    ReplyDelete