Friday, October 26, 2012

voice | {Day 26}: Keeping it Real

It's mine alone.

Like the quiet of the birds in the black sky of autumn's dawn,
     the air feels naked in our home when I let fear quiet me.

I am unsettled when I keep my voice stifled.

It's what sometimes I allow to be someone else's, yet what is uniquely mine -- Important. Necessary.

I forget this.
  
Too often, fear overwhelms and silence tempts. I diminish His purpose.

My voice is often nocturnal. As sleep time descends over the day and my eyes become heavy, my heart does, too.
     So heavy it cannot rest and so it resuscitates as my voice finally shares.

The partner He gave me in the *whirl and twirl* is grace.

His acceptance helps me choose courage to share my Real voice.


Today's post was part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to take five and Just. Write.

     "...for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... unscripted and unedited...
     without worrying if it's just right or not."
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment