Friday, March 16, 2012

brave

It comes upon me without my noticing.

A fire in my belly to keep on.

Though I notice fear's haunting laughter as my neck tightens, I find there is no other choice.

Brave, I trust there is purpose in all.

Having sensed it from as far back as I can remember, and mostly never really thinking about it, I have an innate belief that nothing is wasted.

I've seen beauty grow out of the darkest moments of my life.

I've stood in awe at how purpose has blossomed. 

And so, Brave finds me without my searching.

He gives me that bravery. Solid and secure in His arms, I know it is a gift only He can provide.

It's this provision that means more to me than anything.

It's nourishment, this bravery. My daily bread. 



Today's post is part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to 

     "Write for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... 
     Unscripted and unedited...
     Without worrying if it's just right or not."
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on Facebook and Twitter.


4 comments:

  1. Bravery is a process, isn't it? We grow in faith as we walk in faith.
    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I've seen beauty grow out of the darkest moments of my life.

    I've stood in awe at how purpose has blossomed. "

    Yes, this. Amy, this is exactly the truth, isn't it? Bravery comes as we are turned inside out with new growth, new lessons and the refining of our lives, of our faith... I have been thinking much of you this week. Praying all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "fear's haunting laughter...beauty out of the darkest moments of life." Wonderful words. There is a purpose, beyond what we see and understand. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He gives me that bravery. Solid and secure in His arms, I know it is a gift only He can provide. oh yes...so thankful for this gift...blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete