Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rest

It's a day past Friday and yet there is still purpose in the writing *free*--with minimal editing and backtracking, and without the slightest preconceived thoughts.

Lisa-Jo invites this freedom-writing each Friday, and it's always my joy when I link up with other hearts. Today, though, I'm recovering from a trip away, with my family this time.

Today's prompt is so appropriate for me.

Rest

It's only been ours for a little over a year, and yet we have sprawled ourselves out in it and it's become *Home.* Every bit of square footage is comfort and joy. And after being away for work or even a first {real} family vacation, it's where we Rest.

There is a calling in my heart toward *Different* and when I See the joy in surrendering to my plans and embracing the unknown, I feel it again. Rest.

When we lay down our bags of expectations, our plans and fears, we pick it up. Rest. 

Whether at *Home* or in the *Different* of life, there is Rest waiting for us--calling us and inviting us.

Like the warmth and deep crevice of love reserved for me in my Boy-Man's heart, Rest snuggles up close to me and melts every bit of angst there ever was.

The *Now* becomes Rest. I breathe deeply and feel this Rest in every way--a calming, a dissolving, a rising of the Grace I've unwrapped and the Joy I've ignited.

{Ahhhh....}

Rest becomes *Home.*
_________________________________________

Join the A {Grace} full *life* facebook community.

6 comments:

  1. "Like the warmth and deep crevice of love reserved for me in my Boy-Man's heart, Rest snuggles up close to me and melts every bit of angst there ever was" -- YES! I can almost feel this rest. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This is a beautiful way of describing rest that comes from Him: "-a calming, a dissolving, a rising of the Grace I've unwrapped and the Joy I've ignited." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful. so lyrically written.

    "When we lay down our bags of expectations, our plans and fears, we pick it up. Rest." ~ that's how i desire to live! at.rest.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! Just stopping by to thank you for your sweet comment on my post over at (in) courage. You've done a beautiful job of writing your heart here on your blog - love it :) Enjoyed reading your profile. I am also from a broken marriage, raised an only child and still living in the aftermath of it all. You can probably identify. But praise God, we belong to the healer of ALL!
    Many blessings to you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete