Monday, August 15, 2011

space for Him

Summer {for me} is about *Space.*

I'm reminded of this as my eyes fill with wonder and awe at the wide, open space of the sky--millions of sparkly stars in the sky just resting in His created-space.

My Father opens my heart wide, and He alone does the work--making space for change.

Productive, for me, doesn't look like it does in other parts of the year.
It's not about me--it's about Him.

He's working while I am resting.

He wants Me to rest in the Now.

He draws me ever nearer to family--and I See the same for others, too.
This isn't a season for friends so much, as it is for family--at least it is for us.

It's a season of quiet. Togetherness. Stillness and space.

I'm trusting in the purpose of Today.

Thank you, Father, for the goodness in each season, and how our family *plays* more and *rests* more in this one--and how you never stop working on our behalf.

___________________________________________

Gratitude for {Grace}

...the boy's glee and an armful of games to play together...

...a first long-ish family bike ride up and down village streets...

...lazy afternoon's...

...the almost erotic feeling of falling asleep...

...a grandfather's excitement for the boy's first trip to the races...

...lollipops and bubblegum, and how it reminds me of childhood...

...the boy's embrace of routine...

...dreams of togetherness kinds of activity...

...peace to live as me...



Join the A {Grace} full *life* facebook community.

1 comment:

  1. I love playing games together! Lazy afternoons are the best... especially when they are so needed! :) Love your post, love your list!

    ReplyDelete