Friday, October 29, 2010

Learning to Trust

Trust is about surrendering what I want to happen. Trust is even surrendering what I think God has placed on my heart as a promise for the future.

I believe that God has told me I will have another child, and I believe He has told me that child will be a girl and that her name will be Grace.

But I could be wrong.

As much as I want this to be true, I could be wrong.

And since I am not in charge of the future, I really need to Trust God. I need to Trust God for His promises and for speaking to me...but it's more than that. I need to trust that God has what's best for me in His plans for me. What He wants best for me is to know Him more deeper. More truly.

That may mean that I don't end up with another child.

And so, I need to trust in His plans and not even in something that I believe has been laid upon my heart by God, Himself.

This is one of the deepest and most important lessons I could ever have, as it shifts my perspective. It shifts my view from what may come, to just trusting God for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment