Friday, January 4, 2013

opportunity


There are these {crazy-wild} dreams that swirl around in my heart.

They follow me all day and into the night. They whisper to me at my favorite part of the day when it's dark and quiet.

I entertain those whispers and delight in my Hope. In the dark and the quiet.

(Hardly ever in the bright *whirl and twirl* of the day.)

These dreams don't make sense, though Wonder tells me that they could be connected. They are impractical and my every day Real seems to highlight the reasons why these dreams are so unrealistic.

I feel dumb. So I quiet.

Bending into the uncertainty, I let my questions stir and be.

One word for this year-story-to-be has been clear and obvious and yet I've doubted it. Many more words have come to the surface and I've considered replacing the one.

Choose keeps finding me.

(And with that, doubt, too.)

Because, I'm not {yet} willing. Though He says that I am.

He tells me I am capable and He will do the rest. He will give me this rest. Peace. And that to choose is enough. It's to submit . . . fears, doubt, control . . .

This question keeps finding its way to me: Who is God . . . in my life? And so I choose who I will serve.

Last year I talked about Wonder and Willingness from a perspective of distance, as I was considering what it might mean to submit to faith -- the hope in what is uncertain.

I consider the opportunity that may come from moving beyond considering to choosing . . . to submit and be willing . . . to be obedient and choose Any. Thing.

(even especially my imperfect self.)

So I say "OK"

( . . . even if a little hesitantly.)


Today's post was part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to take five and Just. Write.

     "...for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... unscripted and unedited...
     without worrying if it's just right or not."


You might be interested in this:


Dream God-sized Dreams

Share your heart...click the Add a comment link way below.

_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I can't help being excited for you!!! I think that one of the biggest steps that we can take is choosing to trust God- and that means stepping out even when it is scary. So excited for what God has in store for you! You are making the best choice- choosing HIM!- and He will bless that!!! Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek . . . this choosing to step out and trust sure is scary! It looks so sloppy and messy and as though I've messed up again, when really it's His breaking of me. Your encouragement means so very much to me; thank you.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Amazing writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my response to His leading and prompting, for certain. Your words bless me.

      Delete