Monday, October 22, 2012

togetherness | {Day 22}: Keeping it Real

I sometimes want to give up.

Weekends find me wanting to find a way out.

Making dessert or dinner becomes an excuse.

Because Real togetherness is sometimes just too hard.

It isn't always pretty or pleasant. It sometimes feels jagged and I feel ragged.

Happy isn't for all days.

Being raw sometimes is bitter. And sometimes sweet.

I wouldn't know the difference if all days tasted the same. But they don't. So I stay.

And I know it matters, even though I don't always see it right away.

I trust the staying is beautiful. It counts.

It's Real {Grace}.

______________________________________________

{Grace} Unwrapped...

...those moments when I feel loved...

...when gentleness drips steady...

...how his hand reaches for mine...

...how we hug tighter and words aren't always required...

...his asking about my day...

...hearing how my own noticing mattered to him...

...how he comes home to me, again and again...

...the band on his finger and how it's the same as the one on mine...




Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment