Friday, April 13, 2012

Good-Bye

Through the years, I've wrestled with anger.

I've felt taken for granted.

I've felt as though I'm not good enough.

I've felt abandoned.

I've felt misunderstood.

I've felt as though I'm too much.

Anger would rage. Always at the boiling point.

Scorn would lead me to apologize for my own feelings.

I would force anger away.

Still, it bubbled up.

There was a point where I decided to say Good-bye. 

This choice has made all the difference.

Anger may still bubble up time and again.

Even in spite of this, my thermometer reflects more cool and less hot.

Saying Good-bye gives space for me to live in peace.

Obligation, you are no longer a part of my life.


Today's post is part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to 

     "Write for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... 
     Unscripted and unedited...
     Without worrying if it's just right or not."
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on Facebook and Twitter.


2 comments:

  1. I can feel your heart. I know too well the anger and rage. I am so thankful God encouraged me to say good-bye to those destructive emotions years ago. It was a LONG good-bye - but thankful to be rid of them. Thanks for your honest words today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great...saying good-bye gives me space to live in peace. I too said good bye to anger...God is faithful to deliver us from ourselves:) and the too much...the enemy likes that lie. blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete