Friday, March 30, 2012

gift

I see it as such, and yet it's still hard.

The *whirl and twirl* of life has pressures. Heavy ones.

Pressures that tell us we should be like her. Or them.

Pressures that tell us we shouldn't be *different.*

And yet, the different of who we are is important. Necessary.

I know this truth, though it's hard to live.

It's a gift and I see it that way
     --the tug and pull to be my uniquely created self.

The not wanting to be like all the others.

The surrendering of comparison.

It's a gift I reach for today.

I unwrap it and marvel at it with sheer Wonder over possibility.


Today's post is part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to 

     "Write for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... 
     Unscripted and unedited...
     Without worrying if it's just right or not."
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on Facebook and Twitter.


1 comment:

  1. I heard someone say...we shouldn't "should" on ourselves or "should" on others...I love this...blessings as you walk in freedom with Him.

    ReplyDelete