Thursday, April 7, 2011

a thin place

Questions.  We've all got them.

Though I believed in God, I didn't know Him. So I questioned *how* to live the life the way I was should.

I wanted to do everything right.

I didn't want to make the same mistakes I saw my own parents make.
     And so I tried to live the perfect life--searching for the manuel on life.

Ever so slowly, and ever so gently, He showed me His heart in and through my living.
     This was a Thin Place for me--a place where I could see His grace.

Now I see...I needed to live.

My own living was required.
     Even my failures were for purpose. Necessary parts of my story.

: : :

This is a revisit from the archives. 
In April 2011, I was a guest writer at Mary DeMuth's place. 
I invite you to grab a cup of tea and link over there to read more.


Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. I understand that need "to do everything right" because you don't want to every live in that "wrong-ness" again. Yet, despite all my efforts, I couldn't do it. Only God could deliver me from it.

    ReplyDelete