Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For the *Good* Girl: Grace for Me {as it turns out}

I always wanted to do the right thing and for my parents to be happy with me. I grew up at a young age. I was a good girl...

One day after I turned 18, I made a decision I never thought I'd make...This choice rocked my good girl character description and shredded my pride. 

Will you join me at (in)courage today as I tell my story? I am delighted to be guest posting over there today. [Just to make sure you know how to *get there*, click on the words (in)courage to get there.]


_____________________________________________________


And one more thing...

I've had a lot of time to think about this first step in writing somewhat publicly. Part of me thinks it's not a big deal and as a good friend told me, maybe that's the part of me who is trying to protect myself from what is to come.

I'll admit I'm a bit scared to tell my story, as I've shared previously. Fear sometimes wants to creep in and wreck my courage. The lies that I'm not good enough...people won't like me...I'll hurt people I love...and even, my time exploring this writing will be "wasted".

I'm afraid for what you'll think, and yet there's a part of me who doesn't have a care in the world for what anyone thinks of me.

I'm taking a *risk*. A bold one. I'm beginning to live the unique life I've been given. This is my worship.


9 comments:

  1. good for you and well done! your post was
    beautifully and poignantly written. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so pleased to be able to share your brave words - thank-you for trusting us with them!

    ~Lisa-Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much to you both. Lisa-Jo, thank you especially for allowing me to be brave with you. It's only the beginning (I fear).

    I appreciate your comments. So. Much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post touched my heart! I am currently a mom of one who longs for more children. And I struggle daily with that desire and remind myself to not let these days past by spending them longing and instead enjoy each moment with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sending a 'cyber' hug, from one mom of a baby girl in Heaven to another. God bless you, may He keep healing your heart and filling your arms with His love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy,
    Really enjoyed your post at (in)courage, and I had to bounce over to your place and tell you. Beautifully brave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow and I sincerely mean it. What a sweet and honest post. My heart goes out to you. I too was and a good girl. I get what you are saying.

    http://www.theprosperedsoul.com/2010/09/26/never-give-up/

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It was so transparent. I teetered on contentment and dreaming of pink. God tottered my teeter. ;) I am content where I am at...but your teetering resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post...and that room is perfect for a girl...you...Gods girl :) drink each day in as a blessing.

    ReplyDelete