Friday, September 28, 2012

grasp

Let that dream of yours come undone.

     Cascade.

          Spiral down with all her radiant colors.

Let her unfurl.

You've held her with all your might.

Gathered her tight, boxed her up and tucked her away.

Reality made her seem child-like. Too silly. Too irresponsible.

Smudges of your art stayed on your hand. 

     And shame named it a stain.

You're realizing her beauty.

     To be adored. Not a stain to be scorned. 

Let her be your true *Craft.*

Grasp that dream and let Him make you whole.


Today's post was part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to 

     "Write for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... 
     Unscripted and unedited...
     Without worrying if it's just right or not."

...where, community comes together and shares how He used their five minutes on the same topic. 
It's neat stuff and most especially, such evidence of our uniqueness and His awesomeness. 
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Amy, this is beautiful! I have never commented before, but I have been reading. You have such a wonderful way with words, and you really spoke to my heart today... "Smudges of your art stayed on your hand. And shame named it a stain." So perfect. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is absolutely beautiful! You are a marvelous writer! These lines resonated with me the most - "Smudges of your art stayed on your hand.And shame named it a stain. You're realizing her beauty. To be adored. Not a stain to be scorned." I can relate because I am constantly conflicted with "the dreams" and the reality of life. Then I feel shameful for even wanting or pursuing my dream when there's still reality to deal with. Is everyone's dream possible for them? Just a question I often ponder. Thank you so much for this! Visiting from 5-Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. These words are true beauty. I'm glad - SO glad - I stopped by to read them today.

    ReplyDelete