Friday, January 6, 2012

Roar

This marriage has been sewn for eleven years.

We celebrate its togetherness today --
     the saying yes to sharing the *whirl and twirl* of living together. 

It's more than the every day togetherness, though. 

Marriage is about the consistent acceptance of different and imperfect. 

Sometimes what we live feels tightly stitched, and other times it feels as though it's about to become unraveled. But, it hasn't. 

Tattered and torn, there's beauty where our quilt patches are loose--reaching for togetherness. He's kept us together. 

In our beginning, I roared like a lioness. Particularly out of fear, I was stubborn and reticent to bending. Thinking I was strong enough, roaring made me feel empowered to stake my ground on how I was going to live this life my way, thank-you-very-much

Through living, my roar became softer more often. Together, we began to roar as one--seeking Him for the strength to endure, for peace continually, for grace in the mess. 

Our roar always leads us to See. Him.

Eleven years of failed expectations, unrealized desires and diminished hopes of each other. For many, this is a package they would prefer to leave, rather than to receive. It's one I See as a gift. 

The living has taught us that it's better together. That sound we make, it's more of a gutteral roar for Him--a steady-on kind of song with a hard-accepting of harmony mixed with melody. 

May our roar be not prideful, but ever sought-ful. 


Today's post is part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to 

     "Write for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... 
     Unscripted and unedited...
     Without worrying if it's just right or not."
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on Facebook and Twitter.


Looking for a place to comment? You won't find one here. 
For now, there is quiet and stillness to help drown out noise to See

If taking your time to share is important to you, please write to me directly.