Friday, May 17, 2013

song

It's found in the moment. Each one as they come.

And I try to notice. Deliberately listen.

My mind flitters from one thing to the next. Races.

Constantly, muscles flex to pull me back again. To here.

I die to then and when and if. Over and over again.

Regularly I sift through the murky waters of regret for what I made a moment to be.

I'm so often wrestling with temptation to craft the future as I wish it to be.

I want to hear the song of now.

To notice the pitch and bravado -- to trust He composed this moment with such purpose.

Faith beckons me here.


Today's post was part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to take five and Just. Write.

     "...for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... unscripted and unedited...
     without worrying if it's just right or not."

Share your heart . . . add a comment below.

_______________________________________________


Follow A {Grace} full *life* on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! So difficult to listen to the now.

    Dalayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, let's listen to His voice, allow our deepening faith to take us to where we need to be, dear friend ...

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Amy. I love how you wove this around and in and out to bring us to the point that we could hear the song with you. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so easy to get lost in "the wrong song" isn't it? I'm glad He stays with us. I'm glad for His faithfulness and His love. Amen? !

    Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Amy! Be here now is always a reminder I need.

    ReplyDelete