Friday, March 2, 2012

ache

I've mentioned it for awhile now.

This ache inside me. For different.

Not knowing at all what it means, I long to work to my God-given strengths.

It might not be what I'm good at.

It's what gives me energy and excitement.

To feel as though I'm doing exactly what I was created to do.

To make a meaningful difference.

And though I know there's purpose in my days now, and that I really do make a meaningful difference now, I can feel that there's more.

It could be an ache for the other side of this place. For my Forever Home. A place where there isn't hurt or pain or confusion or heartache or disappointment.

The promises of this Land grip my heart, though in the *whirl and twirl* of living I sometimes neglect to remember it is truth.

Aching the way I do is a gift.

It makes me bend low and choose courage to trust.

In today. And the unknown of tomorrow.

What doesn't make sense at all, fills my heart with Hope.

I wonder what it all means--how I'll be a part of this vision.
And I ache with a resounding Peace.


Today's post is part of my friend, Lisa-Jo's fun challenge each Friday to 

     "Write for five, short, bold beautiful minutes... 
     Unscripted and unedited...
     Without worrying if it's just right or not."
_______________________________________________

Follow A {Grace} full *life* on Facebook and Twitter.


6 comments:

  1. "To ache with a resounding peace" truly is a gift. Love those words. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, Amy, as always! your ache for different stirs me, friend! we are neighbors today!

    love and blessings to you!
    ~Nacole

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I say something. God did not design this life to be bad so that the only relief is when we get to heaven. He desires us to be whole right now. He wants that for you. Not to ache. but to have your tears wiped and your heart to be calm. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a Hope." You have HOPE. It's right there...many blessings to you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading another article the other day that talked about this same ache...that feeling of not quite feeling like we belong, like there is something more, something we're not quite getting. And that ache, I don't believe, will ever go away until eternity. It is placed in our hearts to remind us where our true home is. But I think it is also an ache that motivates and drives us to live a life worthy of His calling, to fill it with meaning and glory to His name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My post was actually similar today as was another post I visited. I think this ache is a gift as well. To live in his presence here, but to know we will not know it fully until we are with Him in paradise. THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO COME! I think that ache is what reminds us to stick with Him.
    Visiting from gypsy mama today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard in the whirl and twirl of life to remember the hopefulness of that Land. Isn't it? Beautifully written post.

    ReplyDelete