Wednesday, February 16, 2011

how *feeling incapable* can lead to poor choices

Sometimes we hinder ourselves, possibly from what is best for us.

When we focus on our feelings and put such reliance on our feelings to guide our thinking, we are often misled and misguided.

I've recently discovered that I've felt quite incapable.  This has related to many different situations in my life. One situation in particular has been on my mind and it has been what has led me to seeing how foolish I am when I trust in my feelings.

We don't know what's best for us.  We don't know the future and so it's impossible to determine what today's choices will have on tomorrow's outcome.  Yet, we can do our best to make wise choices that lead us closer to God's best for us.


When we trust in ourselves we assuage our fears in the unknown.  But it isn't doing any good for our future.


Thinking I am incapable has left our joy, hope, excitement, and any ounce of dream for possibilities.

...I'm not sure if I'll have enough money to do renovations on my house.
...I'm not sure if I'll have enough money to maintain my house twenty years from now.
...I'm not sure if the rooms in my house will be fully used decades from now.
...I'm not sure when I'll retire.
...I'm not sure if we'll have a family dog.
...I'm not sure if my son will have children for me to experience as grandchildren.
...I'm not sure if I'll even have another child of my own.
...I'm not sure when my parents will die and when I'll need to handle the affairs of their estate.
...I'm not sure if I'll ever run a marathon or two, or if I'll write a book or three.
...I'm not sure if my groom and I will live happily ever after to celebrate 58 years without fear.
...I'm not sure if cancer will take over my body and my son will grow up without his mommy.

There are so many fears that life can sometimes be crippling.

I choose to trust in my Heavenly Father who knows what's best for me because I have no other choice if I want to live.  And I do.  I want to truly live - with joy and peace, and to seek beauty and find it, even in the blessings that are difficult to see for the true blessings they are when the pain burns deep blistered sores.

I pray Rich Blessings for my friends before signing my name in notes.  Rich blessings.  Not poor ones.  Rich. Blessings.  Many.  Abundant.  A Harvest Full.

It's possible to hinder the *richness of our own blessings* when we don't trust in God's purposes for our lives, and when we instead trust in our own feelings.

Recently I've been overwhelmed with incredible *excitement* at unknown possibilities, and I have absolutely no clue what the possibilities are even about. I think this is the blessing that comes when I seek Him first.

How freeing to choose Him versus ourselves.

What worship!  What freedom!  What joy!  What life!


No comments:

Post a Comment